Friday, 11 July 2014

Who's the Gloss? Lakme Absolute Gloss Stylist Review - Rust Crush









Happy Friday! My Instagram bio describes me as a 'bashful blogger', which I am. (I know because I wrote the damn bio). I buy beautiful things. I see beautiful things and I travel to wonderful places, all of which I usually wish to document here, on my blog but that doesn't happen. I usually talk myself out of it. So, making things right, here I am, writing about this pretty lipgloss I have been loving lately which was gifted to me by my best friend (love you Nan. :) ) It's the Lakme Absolute Gloss stylist in the colour Rust Crush. 

Let's start with the name. I love it and describes the colour perfectly - a rustic orange-peach. Now, I am NOT a lip gloss kind of girl. I am a lips-stain kind of girl. Lip Gloss pretty much murders every principle a lip stain stands for (It's usually gloopy, too glittery, too obvious and demands constant touch-ups.) In the past I have only ever liked couple of lip glosses (ColorBar Lip gloss Apricot - discontinued, Benefit Lip Gloss Dallas - love it, shall review it soon, a lip gloss from an organic line in US whose name I can't recall. Nope, definitely not a lip gloss kind of girl.) I am almost glad Naina pushed this in my bag resisting my shrill "Nooooo don't want it, don't need it!" as I would have never purchased this other wise. 

Okay, so the texture of the product is lovely. It's sticky enough stay on your lips without being that awkward my-lips-are-smacking-while-I-am-talking sticky. It's almost a velvety-satiny gloss that makes my lips feel fuller. It's a hydrating and moist formula and stays on for a decent 4-5 hours before fading into a beautiful even tint. It's a bit pricey at Rs. 700 ($12) but is worth it in my opinion. The colour like I mentioned earlier is a peachy orange where the peach and orange neutralize each other  (Intense orange lips are not for me). The bottle comes with a sturdy sponge applicator and weighs 5 ml. with a 2-year shelf life. The colour instantly brightens up my face and after a bit of smudging, seems like a my-lips-but-better shade. I feel this would suit any skin tone. Smells a bit sweet-plasticy but I don't mind as it's gone in few minutes. I am going to re-purchase!
(Not bad, Lakme!)

The pictures are taken in natural light and are by moi except the last one. I included that because I feel Kareena is wearing this shade in the ad and it gives a fair idea of how the colour looks on lips. My awkward face shot has been captured by my iPhone (I am still struggling with taking 'selfies' with my DSLR.) The shot of my arm is to show the tint that was left after rubbing the colour off it.

I think this post is already too long (hurrah if you are still here!) So I am going to sign off now.
Let me know what are your favourite lip-glosses. I would love to try them. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment